A Gear-Blank Inspection check consists of verifying the Internal Diameter, Outside Diameter, Dimension over Pins, and the Face squareness.
KSPL has developed semi-automatic Gauging solutions to measure above parameters along with part handling for OK/Not-OK parts.
Gear Gauging stations typically include :
- Measurement of journal, pin, and diameters
- Quick changeover for as many as 6 family configurations
- Turnkey in-line system including integration of PLC, touch screen and overhead Robot loader
- Automatic mastering on timed cycle included
- Gage resolution exceeded 1 micron
- Typical Cycle Time - 20 seconds
Multi Gauging Stations are often used with Part Specific Fixtures to measure multiple parameters.